Sunday, February 28, 2010

WIP no more

I am still clearing out old works in progress so I don't feel so guilty every time I start something new.  This Calm sweater should have been done ages ago.  its not hard and the most tedious part was the sewing up.  I put the details on the Rav page.  The final sweater fits great. The edge detail is quite nice and I am pleased overall with the result.  Ultimately this would be hella easier if it was knit in the round.  Sewing up uber-fuzzy mohair can make you go blind.

 

Also finished some time ago is my first pair of socks.  They actually fit me which is hilarious considering the worsted weight yarn I used (Caron's Simply Soft from junk stash).  I have been wearing them like slippers around the house since they are so thick.  I can see how sock knitting is addictive.  I learned by knitting those tiny christmas stcokings back in December and by reading "I Can't Believe I am Knitting Socks" by Cindy Guggemos which I found on the clearance rack at Walmart - no kidding.  It was $1.99.

 
  
The join isn't too bad but I made a purl in the ribbing - what the hell?



Now I am learning magic loop. I am just winging it even though the instructions are included in "I can't believe...".  The instructions suck. 

Look how cute the boys are: 


2 comments:

  1. I haven't attempted socks yet (crochet OR knit). Kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on finishing those wips...it must feel so good to get them done.
    I really should get going on some of mine.

    ReplyDelete