Wednesday, March 25, 2009

not long enough and whats with the middle?

So why do I hate this? It seems a bit short in the body considering its width. Also, the ribbing doesn't seem quite right. I know its not supposed to be a fitted sweater but this is a bit stumpy if you ask me.

There is another even larger problem: The skeins don't match. When I first noticed this - when I was done knitting the body - I cursed the yarn shop that had sold me the yarn. I hadn't even checked my purchase to make sure it was all from the same lot number. It seemed to be such a high-end together sort of shop that when the sales person handed me my six skeins I didn't even give it a second thought.

But I now know that my truck-driver language was misplaced. The fault was my own. All yarn was from the same lot. At least that's what the label said. I just didn't think I needed to heed warnings about mixing hand painted yarns every few rows for homogeneous color. That would mean a lot less mindless knitting and paying attention to what I was doing. And I am too lazy for that.

So I ripped out the bottom to make it longer and tighten up the ribbing a bit by using 15 needles instead of 17's.

But screw it. There is no way I am going to start all over just to alternate skeins. The faded look of the middle of the body is now a design feature.

No comments:

Post a Comment